Friday 28 May 2010

Lack of seasonal cheer

Christmas Eve 2009

Usually we go visit my mam’s and godparents on Christmas Eve afternoon to deliver our presents. Not this year though.

I couldn’t get up and down steps so I had to remain in the car while John dropped them all off at my mam’s. Again I felt very much like a spare part…

Even though the tree and decorations had been up since 12th December and I had been playing my Christmas music’s since 1st December, I still wasn’t really in the Christmas spirit. I blamed being stuck in hospital for eight weeks and having the threat of still being in there during Christmas, for my lack of seasonal joy.

Once the presents were put under the tree and the special Christmas eve bottle of fizzy opened, I began to feel in the festive mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.