Monday 24 May 2010

Bathing delight

Sunday 22nd November 2009

Since June I hadn’t been able to have a bath because of my pressure sore. Now that it wasn’t an issue any more, and I didn’t have a new hip to worry about, I had my first bath in months. It was wonderful !!!!

I had tried showering. I even bought a brand new shower stool from Ebay, but the shower curtain kept getting in the way. When it sticks to your skin, it’s icy cold !!!!

Using my new stool, I’d sit next to the bath while John would lift my legs, then I would slide into the bath. To get out, it was on the count of three and John would heave me onto the bath ledge. I would then wiggle onto the stool and John would lift my legs out of the bath.

A loss of dignity, perhaps, but that went out of the window ages ago….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.