Wednesday 30 June 2010

Bathing delights

Thursday 24th June 2010

The OT called that evening with my new bath lift.

He had asked that John be there when he called as he needed to show him how to operate it. This was a little irritating as the bath lift was for me, not John.

As expected John got to know the entire workings of it whilst I was made to sit outside the bathroom.

I’d had enough of being ignored so pushed my way into the bathroom.
“Looks very nice”, I said, looking at the bath which now had the bath lift in it.
“I’ll show you both how it works shortly”, he said, then continued explaining to John about how it should be kept on charge continuously.

He then showed both of us how to make the lift go up and down.
“Looks simple enough”, I said, then tried to squeeze myself out of the bathroom.
“I’m afraid you’ve got to test it”, he said.
“I already have”, I replied, “I did when you brought one here for me to try”.
“That was then”, he said, “I have got to see how you will manage with this one”.

I couldn’t see what the problem was as both lifts were identical. However he wasn’t going to leave until I’d given him a demonstration, so after removing my slippers, I shuffled onto the lift seat.
“How does that feel”, he asked, as I was sitting in the bath fully clothed.
I was really tempted to say “stupid” but didn’t. Instead I said it was fine.

“That’s me done”, he said, once I had got out of the bath, “all I need is a couple of signatures from you”.

The ‘you’ turned out to be John, instead of me. I do so like being ignored !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You should have insisted on signing it as well, regardless of the fact that he didn't require your signature !

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.