Sunday 25 April 2010

Day 40 – A new friend

Sunday 18th October 2009

I don’t believe it !!! When my dressing was finally changed last night at 8pm (had been waiting all day for it to be done), it was dry, so I wasn’t a happy bunny that it had started leaking again during the night.

The dressing was well and truly saturated so I told Kairen, the senior night nurse, to mention this when she did the day staff hand over.

It was looking more and more likely that a third trip to the woodshed would be necessary. My guess was it would be either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Had a chat with Mary just before afternoon visiting and she told me why she had been feeling down for the past few days. She had a few tears so I gave her a cuddle. She asked me to keep it a secret, which I said I would, and kept my fingers crossed that every thing would be fine.

John arrived that evening with a bag full of yummy contraband. He also gave me a package which had come in the post for me. It was from our friends Jenny and Chris. Inside the package was a lovely little toy cat. He was so cute, with huge big blue eyes, that I just had to call him Frank (after Frank Sinatra). John took a photo of me and Frank to put on our blog.

He had now become my hospital mascot and had pride of place sitting on top of my locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.