Sunday 14 April 2013

The Hand (Wo)Man again

*Apologies for there being no ‘Joint Journal’s for several weeks. A couple of days after I published the last entry my mam was diagnosed with terminal cancer and sadly died on March 7th.*


Tuesday 6th September 2011

Had another appointment to see the Hand (Wo)Man this morning.

“I'm afraid you will have to have surgery after all”, she announced, “because if you don't then you will lose muscle use in your thumb”.

“How bad will that be”, I asked.

“Bad”, she answered.

It never rains but it pours!!!

When we arrived home after being out for most of the day there was a message left on our answer machine. It was from Lloyd’s the chemist. They had lost the prescription script that had been sent over on Friday from my GP’s surgery. Why does that not surprise me?

I rang them back and they explained that not only had they lost my script but they couldn't find any of my details on their computer.

“You must have something”, I exclaimed, “as Paul automatically delivers my items every month”.
“All we can do is arrange another script from your GP”, said the little woman, “however that can't be done until tomorrow as it’s 4.45pm and the prescription line closed at 4”.

I let out a big sigh.

“It'll be ready on Thursday”, she said.
“Thursday”, I cried.
“It takes two days for your GP to arrange a script”, she replied.

As the Customer from Hell I know when to argue and when to simply let it go. The latter was appropriate for today.

“Can Paul deliver my items as normal”, I asked.
“Of course”, she said.

Why do I think I haven't heard the last of this.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.