Tuesday 3 January 2012

Feeling low

Monday 20th June 2011

Had an appointment to see Dr Chapman that evening about my painkillers. She’d like to review them so asked if I could come and see her.

I’d been feeling really low for a while – couldn’t be bothered to do anything, no energy, not sleeping, being tearful a lot, that kind of thing.

I suspected the problem was the big ‘D’….. I did a quick questionnaire on one of the medical websites and put in my symptoms. It came up with the answer ‘you are suffering from depression’. I bust into tears !!!

I burst into tears when I was in Dr Chapman’s surgery too. She’d been asking how I had been feeling and it just all came out. I felt such a idiot crying in front of her.

“Don’t worry yourself Marie. That’s what I’m here for”, she said.

That made cry even more !!!!

She thought it was either a side effect of my medication as they can cause depression and low moods, or it was simply everything catching up with me.

I was offered counselling but said no. I knew what the cause of my low moods were, and talking about them wouldn’t help. It wasn’t like I was feeling low because I hate my job and the solution was to change it. No amount of talking to a counsellor was going to make things better for me…

Dr Chapman suggested I came off the Nortripaline gradually as although they are a painkiller/antidepressant, they could cause low moods. She also suggested reducing my Gabapentin just to see if that made a difference.

“I’ll give you a ring in two weeks”, she said, “and hopefully by then you are feeling a little better”.

I hope so…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.