Friday 15 January 2010

Extracts from the Joint Journals

I don’t know what made me look at my pressure sore dressing but I felt that something wasn’t right. The entire dressing was black – ink black – and the black gung was oozing down my leg and onto my nightshirt and dressing gown.


She had a good look at my hip then said that I’d need to go to hospital.


“Do you have any transport to get you to hospital”, she enquired.
“Yes”, I replied.
“Good. Other wise I would have called 999….”.


“I’m afraid we’re going to have to admit you”, he said, “your hip is infected. That’s why you are feeling ill. The infection has got into your blood stream”.
“How serious is it”, I asked.
“If we don’t do anything about it now, then it will become life threatening”, he replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.