Wednesday 1 January 2014

A strapping we will go

Saturday 24th September 2011

Today was my first full day of wearing my wrist strapping.

For a start I can't walk wearing it so it's going to make answering the door even more slower as I'll have to rip it off before I can move.

As I'm left handed I tried eating using a knife and fork but as I hold them in the opposite way to right handed people, I gave up as it was too restricting.

Hand sewing is ok with the strapping on, though using the sewing machine is a little awkward.

Typing too is a little awkward. It's like having a claw as a hand....

The strapping wasn't too uncomfortable when I wore it in bed. However whenever I needed to get up during the night to go to the loo, as I can't walk using it, I have to take it off. The sound of ripping Velcro isn't quiet at the best of times – try pulling it apart when you want to be quiet !!!!

As it's supposed to help my wrist I'll continue using it. However I'll try and see if I can buy a couple more strappings as having one isn't very practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.